Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bread


Yesterday, I tried out a new whole wheat bread recipe, and the loaves turned out great. My best so far. I'm trying to become a really good bread baker, but it is very difficult. There are so many variables, so many different recipes, and so many types of flour. It like a science, it really is, and I'm trying to learn it. It similar to working with clay, very hands on, and that's what I like about making bread. I love kneading it, and I like the smooth, elasticy way it feels. And the way bread smells when it's baking. Mmmm, I could live on bread. Anyway, I really like this recipe, and I going to use it again. The thing that is super cool about it is you can substitute ingredients, add things, etc., and it supposed still turn out great. It's like a fail proof bread, it really is. I froze two of the loaves for later, and saved our Miser family some money. Bread is expensive. So I am going to try to master this bread making thing. After all, nothing beats a good, freshly baked loaf of bread.

2 comments:

  1. Would love to have that whole wheat recipe Ms. Miser....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Got the recipe online, here it is: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Simple-Whole-Wheat-Bread/Detail.aspx. Make sure to read some of the reviews to get tips on how to change things up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete