Monday, March 16, 2009

Challenge Redux


The Misers started their Food Stamp Challenge today. We went to the market and bought a lot of staples: a big bag of rice; dried beans; pastas; dairy items; fruit; breakfast supplies; coffee; etc. Sparky also bought some chicken and sausage for himself and Bee, which should last them all week. I'm a vegetarian which makes me a cheap date. It cost less to feed me than it does carnivores and omnivores, so we are saving some money right there. Anyway, I'll probably make a big pot of rice and beans, a meat and a vegetarian lasagna, and maybe I'll bake some bread. I can use the rice and beans in several dishes and freeze any leftover lasagna. It'll be interesting to see how we are doing by the end of the week. We have $18.50 left after today's shopping trip, which is not a lot of money. But the good news is we have a full refrigerator and very full cupboards, so we should be a-okay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment