Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Simple Things


This morning I took Bee and Glenn out for their daily constitution. This consists of going down to the front street, walking up the sidewalk to the house on the corner, and then turning around and walking to the bottom of the hill. We stop and smell the flowers along the way, and look at the honey bees. Bee will usually pick a flower or two, and Glenn pees on things. Bee picked a couple of purple blossoms today and brought them home. She is still clutching them in her little hands. Sparky mostly takes the two of them out, but I'll do it on days that he is working, such as today. When I take the time to just be in the moment (did I really just write that?) I realize how fortunate The Misers are, how much we have to be thankful for, and I'm happy just to enjoy the simple little things in life. I know this sounds all new agey, but I can't help it - it feels good to be positive. Besides, worry never helped anyone solve anything, or so a Miser once told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment