Sunday, February 15, 2009

Boredom


The Misers have decided that this Depression is really starting to become monotonous. (I'm so bored I'm blogging about being bored. If that isn't boredom, I don't know what is.) We are tired beyond belief of the same old dull tedium of it all.  These short winter days have become long and wearisome, and The Misers are full of ennui. No money, nothing to do, lousy weather, and so on. Weltschmerz with a capital W. Even Glenn The Dog is bored of going on the same old walks, day in and day out, even he is sick of the tiresome sameness of it all. The only one who is still having fun these days is Bee. Everything is still so fresh and new to her. Sparky, Glenn and I are the jaded ones. We may start robbing banks just to spice things up. I remember when we were little my sister had a friend who would always say, "I'm bored." My mother would say to her: "If you are so bored, why don't you go home?" And then she would say, "Then I'll be even more bored." This is how The Misers are feeling right now in the seemingly unending stasis called Our Lives. Stuck in our lovely rut and bored out of our god damned skulls!

No comments:

Post a Comment