Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ruts

Today, I was going to write about Nadya Suleman, the crazy mother of those teeny tiny octuplets (plus six other little kids) because I have so many problems with the whole situation. As a Miser, don't even get me started on the insane cost of it all. What a financial nightmare. And then there are the moral and ethical questions surrounding the whole situation as well. But I've decided not to write my thoughts on it, because I just kind of feel sorry for her and those weird collagen injected lips of hers more than anything else. And of course I hope those babies will continue to thrive and be healthy in the long run. So instead, I'm writing about the rut this Miser is in right now. It happens from time to time. Ruts. Happen. They just do. Sparky said earlier today: "Remember before the depression and we had steady income and could go out where ever we wanted, when ever we wanted?" Yes, I do remember that, and now all we do is eek out bargains. It's hard, you know, dealing with it sometimes. I think what we need is a mini Miser vacation. I'm going to start doing some research to find somewhere we can go and something we can do within our miserly budget. That will surely kick us out of this rut and back on to the smooth pavement of the road of life.
P.S. Our Victory Garden is doing great. There should be some fresh vegetables to pick sometime really soon. Can't wait... 

No comments:

Post a Comment