Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lounge Wear


I have to say thank god for grandparents. Today The Misers joined their friends for a hike and picnic outing once again at Will Rogers State Park. It was hotter than we anticipated and The Misers were a bit overdressed for the day. After our hike, as we settled on the sweet expanse of grass for our picnic, I removed Bee's long sleeved top, socks and shoes so that all she had on were her overalls, which I rolled up at the leg.  She looked like a miniature Huck Finn, but as she was overheating, I know that she felt much better, cooler and a little bit freer.
When we got home, it was too earlier for pajamas, and I needed to put something else on her, so I grabbed an outfit that her Nanny (Sparky's mom) had bought her: a short sleeved white girly top that said "Cutie" on it in lavender, and matching striped purple and white soft cotton pants. It's not an outfit that I would put her in to run around outside as it's not durable like her jeans and overalls, but it's perfect for those moments where you just want your toddler to lounge around inside in something comfy. I had to laugh, because it's actually something I could see my mother-in-law wearing herself (only maybe without the word "Cutie" emblazoned on her chest with little flowers and butterflies.) Anyway, the outfit is perfect for post-picnic loafing around the house moments like today. And it's something I never would have bought her myself. Now if only someone would buy me an outfit like that, then life would be almost nearly perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment