Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Check It Out!


This afternoon, The Misers had errands to run (again! It seems like it's never ending...) I had to return some art books to the Brand Library and Art Center, do some banking, and stop at the market for milk and doodads. After lunch, I asked Bee if she wanted to go swinging at the library (a small playground is located there). Her answer: "Oh, boy!" Next to water, Bee loves to swing. The Brand Library, located in Glendale, is devoted to the arts and music. It has a very good collection of art books and classical CDs, etc., and is housed in this awesome Moroccan inspired castle. The grounds it sits on are magnificent as well. There are trails that lead up to the foothills of the San Gabriel's, the afore mentioned playground for tots, fields for older kids, galleries for art shows, classrooms for art lessons, an old 1888 Victorian mansion called Doctor's House Museum & Gazebo that belonged to some doctor, and of course, the beautiful Moroccan castle library building itself. We returned the books, and headed out to the swings. Bee had a ball, even though she is not quite big enough for the big swings, the little kiddie ones suit her fine. Then Sparky and I decided to swing too. I sat down and pumped my legs and went as high as I could get. It was fun! I felt a little breathless and completely exhilarated. It was as though I went somewhere completely else...maybe back to my youth? If you haven't swung in a while, I highly recommend it. Also, the Brand Library is a true treasure. Check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment