Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Zoo

Last Weekend, the Misers headed down to visit friends in San Diego. They took us to the The San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park, which is close to where they live. I am not a huge fans of zoos because I always feel sorry for the caged up animals. But some zoos are better than others, and this one is pretty good. Originally you were able to drive your car around the zoo itself, which seems pretty crazy. I mean, what if a hippo decided to sit on your car or something? Maybe that's why they stopped allowing people to drive around. Now there's a tram you can take through the park, and some lame ass guy narrates as you go pass the various animals. This guy actually said, "There's the Wildebeest, the most boring animal in the wild." WTF? Why would a zoo employee say that? I happen to love Wildebeest; I saw an excellent documentary of them when I was a teenager, and I find their yearly migration to be quite fascinating. Plus I love their name. But other than the annoying "tour guide", the zoo was pretty cool. There were babies galore - baby elephants, baby giraffes, and baby leopards. Bee especially liked the rabbits, which ran around everywhere. Since our friends have yearly passes, the zoo was free for us, which is the right price for a Miser.  All in all, a fun time was had by one and all. Except for maybe the Wildebeest.

No comments:

Post a Comment