Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bloody Knee


This morning, as I was nearing the end of my run around Echo Park Lake, I tripped over a bit of uneven sidewalk and fell to the ground, skinning my knee and my arm in the process. This is about the one billionth time in my life that I've tripped over basically nothing and fallen down. I've got to be one of the biggest klutzes out there. You will never find me on "So You Think You Can Dance" as I would have tripped and fallen during the audition. It's embarrassing to trip and fall, but I always get up, brush myself off, and continue doing whatever it was I was doing, muttering to everyone around me "I'm okay, I'm fine, it was nothing," even as I'm bleeding copious amounts of blood. I am covered with the battle scars of a life lived falling down.

1 comment:

  1. I think I have you beat. Something stupid always happens to me when I get on a treadmill. (And I do this 5 days a week.It's quite a show for other gym-goers).

    ReplyDelete