Monday, January 11, 2010

Jewelry For The House

Last week, I picked up my most recent pieces from the kilns at Barnsdall Art Park. These tiles I made to hang on the outside of the house, sort of like jewelry for the house. I like making tiles because they are fast and easy, you can experiment with different textures, and they make good glaze testers.
I also made four matching leaf bowls. I'm getting better at throwing sets that are more or less the same size. Still, throwing is not exactly my strength at this point. It's all about practice, practice, and more practice.

These are a trio of bud vases hand built from very thin porcelain slabs. They were very fast to make and I really like the organic quality of them. But because the porcelain is so thin you have to be extra careful when handling them. I forgot how delicate they are and pierced a hole in the green one with tongs as I was glazing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment