Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Won!


This morning, I received a pleasant message on my phone: I had won the weekly drawing at our local grocery store for using my own canvas bags. The prize was a $25 gift certificate! I decided to do something un-miserly and spend it on a decent bottle of wine. Then Sparky asked me to buy a bottle of A-1 Sauce also. Apparently A-1 Sauce is expensive - $6 for 15 ounces. I never use the stuff myself since I don't eat meat, but Sparky and Bee enjoy a nice grilled steak every now and then, especially in warmer weather. (Sparky buys his steaks on sale; he can ususally find great deals on Mondays.) And both of them HAVE to have A-1 Sauce with it. So now I'm buying A-1 Sauce and a little bit less decent bottle of wine with my new found wealth. And I must say that this Miser is happy to be a winner for a change. 

1 comment:

  1. YAY! That is the cheeriest thing I've heard in a long time. Your prize for being Sweeties.

    ReplyDelete