Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Time

It's funny, but sometimes when I'm thinking about something, the paper will have a news article regarding the very thing that's been on my mind. For instance, the other night I was thinking about Time. How I never seem to have enough of it, and how I seem to have a major problem with budgeting it. The Misers has gotten good with money; we are now entering our fourth week of the Food Stamp Challenge and we are managing just fine. We've found that it's not so hard to do, especially when you have a garden to augment things. But when it comes to time I haven't done as well. As they say, Time is Money, Money is Time. To me, budgeting your time makes sense in this New Depression, as it is tied to money. My problem is that I tend to proscratinate. The article in Monday's Los Angeles Times Health Section dealt with habbits and how although it is possible to break them, they will always remain at the ready in your brain. It has something to do with how we are hard wired and evolution and all. Back in the day when human's life expectancy was rather short, we were all about the here and now, and rewarding ourselves with what ever was pleasurable at the moment because after all, life was VERY short. But now that we live longer, we are able to think about future pleasures, and how not indulging in the short term may reap benefits in the long term. 
My major problem is that I have a tendency to cram all of my work into the last few days before it is due. I end up working very long hours in a short amount of time. Wouldn't it be better if I spread the work out over a longer period of time, and worked less hours at a time? Of course it would be easier, but I seem to be living in the MOMENT instead of thinking about how much more difficult the future will be if I don't finish my work in a timely manner. Yikes. Money. Time. It makes me want to break this habbit of mine, for the good of Misers everywhere, and for the future of my family of Misers. It just seems to make good economic sense in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment