Tuesday, April 14, 2009

PNW

Bee and I have been up in the Pacific Northwest since last Wednesday visiting my family. It has been grey and rainy the whole time, with moments of brightness here and there. We are sleeping in my old bedroom. I used to share that very same room with my little sister for seven years, starting when we were four and five. Back then we had matching twin beds. Now, I share the double bed with my little Bee, who turned two last Saturday. She is not an easy person to share a bed with because she moves around a lot. Not only does she roll over all the time, she also constantly does flips so that her feet are suddenly where her head used to be. As she performs these maneuvers she kicks and pokes and prods me. She seems to be all feet, elbows and knees. This morning she slept in for the first time since being here, and that was nice. But I kept waking up to make sure she was still asleep. Twice she has fallen out of the bed. The first time she rolled over and off of the bed, I caught her just as she hit the floor. The second time she rolled out and hit the floor before I could catch her. She cried for about thirty seconds, and then promptly fell  asleep when I hauled her back up into the bed. 
I ran two days in a row. Around Blueberry Lake. The weather is perfect for running, and my goal is pretty modest. I just want to run five or six days this week, and every day I run I want to go a little bit further than the day before. So far I'm not having a problem (it's only been two day, after all) but I have to admit that I have sore muscles in places where I forgot I even had muscles. My ultimate objective is to be able to easily run around Silver Lake Reservoir five to six days a week. I'm glad I'm able to get a head start on that ambition here in the Great PNW.

No comments:

Post a Comment