Friday, May 8, 2009

TGIF


That annoying catch phrase "Thank God It's Friday" sounds funny coming from a non-office drone such as myself, but really, TGIF! This has been a hellacious week and this Miser is glad to see it finally coming to an end. I almost feel like going to one of those cheesy places like T.G.I. Fridays and having a silly drink with an umbrella in it. Almost. Everything that could go wrong this week seemingly did. Even Sparky's beloved Dodgers went to hell when they lost their big hitter Manny Ramirez. Sparky is bummed out to say the least. Like I said, thank god this week is finally over. In celebration, I decided to spend the day doing NOTHING. First off, all three Misers slept in. It was great to get some much needed rest, and we all feel better because of it. After breakfast, I gave myself a mud mask from this great stuff my mom gave me from Lush. It's called "Ayesha" and it's for "mature" skin, and it is absolutely amazing. It makes my skin look all glowy and fresh. I highly recommend it. Then I gave myself a pedicure. Blue toes, which Bee loves. Later on, I gave Sparky a haircut, and Bee had a long, luxurious bath. She was in for so long her hands and feet turned into prunes. Now Bee's in bed, and Sparky and I are planning to watch Mike Leigh's film "Happy-Go-Lucky" - a perfect ending to a not so perfect week. To reiterate: TGIF! Cocktails, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Where was I when Mom was buying Lush stuff? No fair. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was when we were shopping for T's B-day. Mom bought enough stuff at Lush to get a free fresh mask & she gave it to me!

    ReplyDelete