Saturday, May 23, 2009

Potty Training And The Two Year Old


We started on Monday of this week. It is now Saturday, and I am pleased to announced that Bee is officially toilet trained! It was really not that difficult as she was ready for it, and so were Sparky and I: teamwork was the key. All week long she wore big girl underpants, and went pee and poop into her potty with hardly an error. We were a bit afraid that we would impede the progress that she had made all week when on Thursday we drove down and  spent the night in San Diego with some friends of ours. But she was totally into it, and kept telling me me she had to pee and poop the whole time with were there. Her favorite part is emptying her potty into the toilet and flushing it saying "Bye bye pee pee, bye bye poop." I'm going to keep putting a diaper on her at night for a little bit, but hope to dispense with that soon. Have I mentioned how smart our Bee is? When I tell her that she is a good big girl, she replies, "No, I'm Bee!" We can have conversations with her now, and she loves doing new things and exploring her every expanding world further. We could not be more proud of her, she constantly brings joy, laughter and light into our lives, and we are utterly honored to be her parents. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Belle! Putting her in real underwear worked - those Pull-Up things do not. I am glad that her potty training was so easy for you.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee was pretty easy to train because she was ready!

    ReplyDelete