Monday, February 8, 2010

School Daze

My school started today. That's right, I'm going back to college to learn how to do something useful that will allow me to make some money for a change. A meaningful career that will help me become an integral part of society, also for a change. I'm nervous about this school thing because I'm taking a full load and my classes are hard! I hope I'm smart enough. Also, I'm an OLDER student which is kind of a strange feeling. I'm as old as the instructors, as old as the hills, or maybe even older. Plus, my textbooks weigh a ton. I'm lugging 25 pounds of books around the campus which is not exactly pleasant. That is only four pounds less than what Bee weighs. Bee is way more fun to carry around - at least she is cuddly and snuggly as opposed to my books which are cold and hard. And I can always put her down as she walks perfectly fine on her own (when she's not tired and crabby, that is.) I'm rolling this small library around with me in a carry-on piece of luggage with wheels. I feel a bit silly wheeling this thing around as I kind of keep banging into people with it (or maybe they're just banging into me), but it sure beats lugging it on my back. I'm going to need all of the stick-to-it-ness that I can muster for this higher education thing as it is going to take me awhile (years) to accomplish my goals. Overall, I have to admit, I am very excited about this new challenge. But I'm probably a little bit crazy for doing this...

2 comments: